„Moment” - 1st International Biennale of Street Photography is organized by the Center for the Promotion of Culture „Gaude Mater” (hereinafter referred to as Organizer) located in Częstochowa (postal code: 42-202), ul. Dąbrowskiego 1.
Submission open: 6 May 2019
Registration and submission deadline: 18 September 2019 (GMT + 2, Central European Summer Time)
Jury session – 26 September 2019
Winners announcement – 22 November 2019
Final exhibition – 22 November 2019 - 12 December 2019
/p>Winners will be chosen by the Jury appointed by the Organizer.
The following prizes are available to be awarded:
1st prize – 6000 PLN (approx. 1400 €)
2nd prize – 4000 PLN (approx. 900 €)
3rd prize – 3000 PLN (approx. 700 €)
Contest winners will participate in the final exhibition, get their works published in the catalogue and on the contest website: www.momentbiennale.czestochowa.pl. The Jury will decide on the number of photographs selected for the exhibition.
5. Contest Topic:
The submitted images must fall under the category of street photography. The Jury will decide if the submitted work is relevant to the Contest topic.
6. Entry Rules:
The Contest is open to all photographers. The submitted photographs must have been taken no earlier than 1 May 2017. You can submit up to 5 photographs.
To enter, visit the official website www.momentbiennale.czestochowa.pl and complete the registration. The entry fee is 30 PLN (approx. 7 €) (payments carried out through Dotpay), regardless of the number of the submitted images. The images should be submitted before 18 September 2019 through the User Panel.
Digital images should be no larger than 10MB per image and must be uploaded in JPG format. The images should be minimum 1500 pixels on the longest side. If the photograph is selected to be included in the final exhibition, the Organizer will contact and request the selected Entrant to send (within 24 hours of receiving the message from the Organizer) digital files in the highest resolution possible.
If the above-mentioned files are not provided, the selected Entrant will be disqualified.
7. Only adjustments possible to apply in the darkroom, such as cropping and/or minor burning, dodging, contrast and color correction, are permitted. Any other changes to the original photograph, such as photomontage, are unacceptable.
8. Entrants submitting their work in the Contest grant an unlimited, worldwide, non-exclusive licence to the Organizer, to use the submitted images in connection with the Contest and promotion of the Contest, in any media now or hereafter known, for no additional compensation, including, but not limited to: the winners announcement, display at a potential exhibition of winners, publication in social media, online and in print.
The licence shall cover the following fields of exploitation:
a.) recording and reproduction of the work – production of copies of the work by means of any technique, including printing, magnetic recording and digital technique;
b.) distribution of the work in any manner other than specified in point 8a. – public performance, presentation, projection, reproducing, broadcasting and reemitting, as well as public display of the work in such a way as to enable access to it to anyone, at any place, and any time.
9. By entering this Contest, all Entrants agree to have their name, surname and address (city, country) published in all media presenting the winners of the Contest.
10. By submitting images to this Contest, all Entrants agree to take full responsibility for any infringement of copyrights and personal rights caused by the submitted photographs.
In the event that any third parties apply to the Organizer of the Contest with claims for such violation, the Entrant is obliged to release the entity to which claims are addressed, from any liability resulting therefrom.
11. Images submitted in the Contest must not contain illegal, vulgar, obscene, offensive or inappropriate content, including content promoting violence, racial or religious hatred.
12. All personal data obtained from Entrants will be processed by the Organizer only for the proper conduct of the Contest, in accordance with the principles set out in the Regulation of European Parliament and Council (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and the Repeal of Directive 95/46 / EC (general regulation on data protection), hereinafter referred to as the GDPR, and the Personal Data Protection Act of 10 May 2018 (Journal of Laws of 2018, item 1000).
13. The Organizer undertakes to maintain the confidentiality of the personal data obtained, and undertakes not to disclose personal data, and other information provided by the Entrants, to third parties without the written consent of the data subject.
14. The winners whose works will be qualified to the final exhibition will be informed about the results by email.
15. Employees, members of the managing bodies of the Organizer, as well as members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate and win the Contest.
16. By entering, Entrants agree to be bound by these Entry Rules.
Each Participant has the right to lodge a complaint regarding matters related to the functioning of the Competition.
Complaints should be submitted electronically to the Organizer's e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, or in writing to the address of the Organizer.
The organizer will consider the complaint within 14 business days of its receipt. Complaints resulting from failure to follow the Contest Rules will not be considered.
The response to the complaint will be sent to the email address indicated in the complaint, or, if the complaint was submitted in writing, to the e-mail address indicated in the letter.
The Organizer reserves the right to extend the deadline for complaints in the event that the recognition of the complaint requires special messages, or encounters obstacles for reasons beyond the Organizer's control (failure of the computer, Internet network, etc.). Recognition of the complaint may require additional clarification - the time of providing explanations prolongs the course of processing the complaint.
The organizer informs that complaints regarding payments made through Dotpay to which access was granted by the Organizer, are dealt with on terms and in the manner set out in the Dotpay Terms of Service.